February 15, 2010

rant #66: the one about the lost and the in betweens.

Ikue Asazaki, Obokuri Eeumi




In search of new lands, I build a new house
I thatch the house with reed stalks... gathered neatly in bundles
I thatch the house with reed stalks, gathered neatly in bundles
At the stone wall, let us celebrate the golden house, that was built by a hundred black kites.
At the stone wall, let us celebrate the golden house, that was built by a hundred black kites.
Let us celebrate the golden house, that was built by a hundred black kites.

(long pause)

The eighth month is fast approaching, and yet I have nothing to wear
I want to dress gaily, so brother, will you lend me just one sleeve?
I wish to dress my children and loved ones... in the one kimono that I own
As for me, I will wear vines... that I plucked deep in the mountains

(long pause)

The light of the full moon shines down,
illuminating the world with its divine light

When my lover sneaks in to visit me,
I wish that the clouds would hide that light just a little.

...


I love this song.
Pejam mata and hear her pain.
Emotional much?



p/s : yeah i know i have weird taste in music.huh!

No comments: